Save up to £1,600 per couple
Welcome to Avalon Waterways river cruises, where five-star service comes free from stuffiness, accommodation is spacious, food is top-restaurant quality and everything is included, right down to the gratuities. A river cruise is a fantastic way to explore the most beautiful towns, villages, landmarks and cultures of the destination you visit. Join an included excursion, plump for an optional guided visit, or explore on your own - that's the beauty of an Avalon river cruise. Smaller vessels mean you dock in the heart of iconic cities, historic towns and hard-to-reach villages, so you can immerse yourself straight away in the local sights and sounds and make the most of every stop.
River cruising with Avalon Waterways is the epitome of relaxed luxury. Their beautiful ships are small and intimate, offering a refined but unpretentious atmosphere. On board, the lounges and restaurants are light and airy, and there are three members of staff to every passenger. Evenings are spent enjoying a drink on deck or in the lounge, chatting with friends new and old, admiring the view from your open-air balcony or simply snuggling up to watch a movie in your stateroom. Grab a book, listen to a guest speaker or local musicians, or perhaps even take part in an onboard tasting of wine, beer or regional delicacies.
• Private home pick-up service - Start and finish your holiday in style with award-winning personal chauffeur service.
• Return regional flights or rail travel - Flights from a wide range of regional airports are included with all Avalon itineraries.
• Beautifully appointed accommodation - Fabulous staterooms offer exquisite comfort, coupled with practical storage space.
• Full-board dining - Enjoy mouth-watering full-board dining, with waiter service that is attentive but unobtrusive. Soft drinks are complimentary with lunch, regional wine and beer are included with both lunch and dinner.
• A choice of excursions - Local guides have insider knowledge to bring each destination to life, providing fascinating commentary on included sightseeing and orientation tours.
• Gratuities, transfers and port charges - The price of your Avalon cruise includes all gratuities for your Cruise Director and crew, transfers and port charges.
• Daily sightseeing - Tours with local guides are included with all itineraries, but they're completely optional, so it's up to you whether you choose to join them or explore on your own.